Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Watertaxi Amsterdam
These terms and conditions set out the terms on which we provide our water taxi services to you and regarding your use of our website.
1. Your agreement to these terms
- By making a booking with us, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions and any linked policies. Any revisions are effective as at the time of publication. The latest applicable terms and conditions will always be online.
- Watertaxi Amsterdam strives to deliver the service as agreed in writing. A time violation and, more generally, the failure to comply with an obligation can be attributed to Watertaxi Amsterdam alone if the cause there of is a circumstance that is at risk to Watertaxi Amsterdam. At least strikes, blockages, transport delays, government measures, including risk of bans or diversions, extreme pressure or extremely high water, waterways, fire or explosion, extreme weather conditions including severe frost, energy loss, machine failure, shortage of raw materials, outflow of hazardous substances, even when these circumstances occur with suppliers or assistants of Watertaxi Amsterdam, there by preventing or complicating compliance with its obligations.
- The customer can not derive rights to a preference by type of boat or captain.
- If, unexpectedly, boats of Watertaxi Amsterdam are not available, Watertaxi Amsterdam has the right to offer a reasonable alternative to one or more boats of another company.
- A shortcoming in the execution of the agreement by Watertaxi Amsterdam must be notified in writing within 7 days, in writing, of all rights in the matter.
- Booking can me made through our online booking system or telephone (only last minute bookings).
- To complete the booking you have to provide us your name, current email address and mobile phone number. After the booking you receive the confirmation including departure time, start location and reference number by mail.
4. Payment and cancellation policy
- All prices on the website are including government tax, city tax and captain.
- Starting price from 8.00 till 18.00 hours is 100 euro, after 18.00 hours its 150 euro. The calculation is based on our location and zone near the central railway station. Every additional zone has it own fee.The system on the website calculates this automatically. Two persons are included in the starting price, Every additional person is + 10 euro.
- If customers are not ready at the booked departure time the captain will wait 5 minutes. After this grace period of 5 minutes we will try to contact you by the phone number provided by the booking. If after a further 10 minutes the passengers are not at the departure location and not ready (for any reason) the booking will be deemed to be a cancellation. Cancellations will not be eligible for a refund.
- If the customer wishes to cancel the online agreement, he must inform Watertaxi Amsterdam in writing as soon as possible. A booking can be canceled free of charge up to 3 days before departure. Thereafter 100% will be charged.
5. Liability and damage
- The customer is liable for the (fellow) persons who use the service as well as for goods or animals that the customer or persons have with them. The customer must ensure that directions from the captain, including, but not limited to, instructions for maintaining the vessel and maintaining the rights of Watertaxi Amsterdam, are immediately followed. Failure to comply with the particular or any other act or omission of the customer or persons causing damage results in the full liability for damage and costs for the customer. Damage also means consequential damage.
- Watertaxi Amsterdam accepts no liability for loss, theft or damage to goods which the customer or other persons have with them during the service.
- Watertaxi Amsterdam accepts no liability for bodily or mental injury to the customer or other persons or animals mentioned.
- Watertaxi Amsterdam accepts liability if the above-mentioned events are the result of intent or gross negligence.
- If a third shipowner is claiming a loss arising from a circumstance which is attributable to the latter in the relationship between Watertaxi Amsterdam and the customer, Watertaxi Amsterdam hereby completely indemnifies this third party claim and reimburses Watertaxi Amsterdam. All costs incurred by Watertaxi Amsterdam to the defense against that claim.
6. Applicable law and competent court
- The agreement, including the completion there of, and any supplement there on shall be governed by Dutch law only. In case of disputes, the competent court of Amsterdam (NL) is the designated court.
1011 BG AMSTERDAM